Wednesday, September 29, 2010

To eat the chicken or to be a chicken...

So I have a fear of cooking chicken. It's not a massive fear, but because it's a little one I have avoided doing it for quite some time now. I truly believe that I will under cook it and will be vomiting for hours. So when I have tried in the past I've butchered it checking for any hint of pink or overcooked it like crazy. Or anything it touches will be covered salmonella and everything on the counter for the next week will be infected. Crazy talk right?

So yesterday as I was looking through a cookbook I saw a recipe for chicken parmesan and decided today would be the day to overcome the fear.
And I did it!! And it was actually delicious. Not overcooked at all. Thomas was actually impressed that I didn't dry out the chicken with all of my fear.

Here's a pic of the yummy meal. We paired it with a simple feta & tomato salad and some delicious red wine from Australia We sat outside, trying to get in some of the last warm nights, so it's a little dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment